Sunday, August 31, 2008

Take It Further Challenge

Now I am hoping to finish my challenge for Take it Further challenge for August just before the deadline tonight.
I have turned over so many ideas for this in my head over the last few weeks, but I seem to have lost the way for a while - a matter of balance again I think! My whole life seems to have gone out of balance for some reason. So I took a short break from most things like blogging and emailing and just did what I had to.


I posted about this clock before some time ago. It is a Viennese clock given to my husband's parents by their parents for their wedding. My house has always been fairly modern without many antiques. I have smaller pieces that are of sentimental value wrapped up and kept in the eaves of my loft. But this clock was on the wall in our lounge for many years amongst all the modern stuff and really did look out of place. It was also very touchy and it stopped at the slightest excuse. We had already stopped the chime as it disturbed our sleep. I loved the clock, but not in my house, but I thought my husband loved it, so I suffered it. My husband suggested one day that we got rid of it that he'd never really wanted it! Neither of us had wanted it. That taught me a lesson, come out with it and be honest. It was a balance between sentiment and common sense all the time.

So I will use the clock to create a piece of work.

7 comments:

Gina said...

That did make me smile! We could all learn something from that Mags.

Sue B said...

what a great story Mags and a great lesson too.

jordiw said...

Glad you are back to posting! I miss you when you're gone. And the clock story... how funny and how true! Some of my things are saved because though the flesh is gone I might affront their spirits .... might be time to get over that, huh?

Sandy said...

Sounds like a good idea. My life this summer was out of kilter too.

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello MargaretR, I enjoy reading your blog and seeing all the lovely things you create.

Sooo I have nominated you for the Kreativ Award. Hope you do not mind. Details on my blog. Hugs Judy

Jackie said...

Oh I think its a beautiful clock. You are not going to distress it are you?

Laura said...

I agree that it's a great story. I have also learnt over the years to try not to think for other people -it usually makes things less complicated!