Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Arches


This morning I had this wonderful arch inspired by an Egyptian Cartouche from Judy Bartel in Canada. I'm afraid I don't know if Judy has a blog or not, but if I find out I will post about it again. This arch is so beautiful I would like to see a lot more of her work. Even the envelope itself is a work of art. She put a mixture of colourful stamps on it.


Labels are very convenient for envelopes and parcels especially as we can print them out on the Internet, but I feel sad that real stamps are becoming rare.


It's a good feeling to be crossing out some things off my 'To Do' list. This arch was supposed to be done in July. This Summer in the UK has been so wet everything has grown more than usual and I have tried to capture the foliage in my arch.



My next arch is to be influenced by Gothic architecture and Chester Cathedral seems to be a good starting point. Here are some photos I took yesterday.

5 comments:

Alis said...

What a lovely arch from Judy.
I love your foliage arch too, I love the colours.

I loved to go shopping in Chester when I lived in the North West and the cathedral was always on the list to visit.
Looking forward to seeing your arch for this.

Genie said...

Love the Arches,
Thanks for the Hug, feeling a lot better and back to work today.
Cheers Jean

Sandy said...

Nice arch. Your inspiration photos are really that.

Carol said...

Hi Mags thanks for your comment on my blog. I have subscibed to the magazine so that I can have a go at your bag,not sure when though. I am going to St Ives with The Kindred Spirits for a few days so hope I will come back all refreshed and renewed. I just hope it does not rain all the time.

Mermaid's Purse said...

Love the green arch with the foliage - it's beautiful!