Saturday, September 06, 2008

Gothic arch

Sharon's Challenge this month mentions Lists. Now, I haven't yet started on the September TIF yet, but I do have a rather long 'To Do' list which is thankfully getting shorter! I am on the 4th phase of tidying up my workroom. It was a big contract, so I have decided to split it up into phases. It will look a lot better on my list if I can say I have finished Phase 1, 2, 3 and am now on phase 4. I think it will turn out be be about 10 phases altogether and I'm doing it in between creating.
I have started on my Gothic Arch and below is a Gothic window from Chester Cathedral taken last Wednesday, but I decided not to use this as my inspiration. My designs almost always involve a lot of research and as I search through my photos I'm sorting them out at the same time. Another very 'big job'.



Above is a large dovecote I also photographed in Chester last Wednesday.
As I was going through my photos I looked at these photos from Plas Tan y Bwlch.


This is a copy of a Celtic Bowl found in the area which is displayed in a glass case among some other relics.


A detail from the handle.


I just love this hinge with the letter 'M'.


These are also part of the same door and below is an example of the studs covering the door which are all star shaped.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Great photos for inspiration.

Carol said...

Hi Mags. I thinking this next arch might be mine. I am due an arch from you. I also like celtic thing if that helps. If I did another project like this one I would either put down less likes or no likes or dislikes.
I am enjoying looking at your blog.

Fran├žoise said...

Lovely pictures!

Sue B said...

great arch photo Mags and I love the door ones too.

Alis said...

Great photo's Mags.
Fabulous inspiration.

Maggie R said...

Hi there,
Thank you for stopping by my blog, I appreciated your comments. Thought I would pop by and see what you are up to. Oh My!!! Your photography is awesome, I truly enjoyed my visit.
xoxo
((((hugs)))))
Maggie