Thursday, September 11, 2008

This and that


I promised you could see Joan's finished piece of work once it was finished, it's not yet framed though. As you know I love all Joan's work, but I think she has really excelled herself this time. It was started in PSP using a small part of Ton's work, so it's another piece inspired by him, but how different to the original.



This is quite a large piece work about 15" x 21" in my rough estimate and I had Joan's permission to show you some details from the work.

I didn't get very far with my shell work at SerenTex as you can imagine with being rather talkative and taking all the photos, but I did get this far after coming home. If you would like to see what we were enjoying yesterday just click here SerenTex.



This photo was taken at about 7.15 am yesterday. It was such a beautiful morning and I took loads of photos which I will try and post on both my photoblogs DG's Photos and Digital Art and Only One a day in the near future.


This is taken of some relief work on the outside of Chester Cathedral where I took so many photos. I've called it 'We are One' as I'm not sure if it is one head with two bodies or two little animals having a cuddle. What do you think? It looks as if it has been repaired at some time.
I took loads more photos, specially of the old gravestones that have been used to pave the outside. There were two people sitting on one of the benches looking strangely at me, so I told them I wasn't really mad. She said she had begun to wonder :}

9 comments:

Alis said...

Joan's piece is really stunning isn't it.

I love your shell piece too. Great texture.

As usual you take the most fantastic photos. I love the little cuddling animals.

StegArt said...

Wow, Joan's piece is wonderful. Thanks for sharing it.

Genie said...

Lovely work from Joan, Look forward to seeing yours finished

Judy said...

Joan's piece turned out fabulous. Love that photo, the water is so calm and glass-like.

tommy said...

The teal fabric design on the top is simply divine. Really, it is an inspired delicate intricate piece of art. Thank you for sharing it! I wonder if it was all sewn by hand or with a sewing machine?

MargaretR said...

Hi Tommy, Joan's work is mostly stitched with the sewing machine with very delicate fibres and part of the background has some stamping on it, then some fine stitching in silver. The rest are all added on afterwards.

JP said...

love that photograph - so tranquil - I always enjoy your blog - we come to Conway reularly as it is just the right distance for a day out - and my sister-in -law has a caravan which is opposite to your view!!

MargaretR said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments. Joan's piece really is stunning!
JP, you must wave to me next time you stay in Conwy.

Mermaid's Purse said...

Joan's "Ton" piece is lovely - striking colours and very organic!