Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ton panel


The SerenTex textile group are having an exhibition of work inspired by Ton in November and I had decided to exhibit some of my bags made with the Janome Embellisher and inspired by Ton. Unfortunately there will not be a display cabinet available and as the exhibition will not be stewarded we decided it would be better to diplay wall art only this time. Today I was busy trying to make another piece of work using the embellisher and it is almost finished. I'm not particularly happy with it and will probably try and find time to make another one before the exhibition. I have also been busy preparing my next article for Issue 6 of Fibre & Stitch


Tonight there was a beautiful sunset, but what was even more beautiful was this plant on the hall table reflecting the sun.

16 comments:

Heather said...

The Ton panel is gorgeous and was a lovely surpise when I decided to see if you had added a new post to your blog. Your photos are lovely too. I have only just learned how to leave a comment on a blog but will try not to make a nuisance of myself!

StegArt said...

Oh Mags, I think the piece is gorgeous!!!!!!

Julie Bagamary said...

I think it is stunning and very watercolorlike.

Ruth said...

I agree - it's beautiful!

Micki said...

I think the piece looks great. You are too hard on yourself.

Sue B said...

Mags that piece is fantastic! What is it about it that doesn't make you that happy?

Dorothy said...

Hi M,
Like the others... I agree it is beautiful. No good me saying that is it doesn't please YOU! What about adding some more hand stitching... would that help?
Dorothy

MargaretR said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments. I love Ton's colours and especially the shading and black backgrounds, but I find the shapes rather naive and simplistic. sounds strange, but I find simplifying far more difficult to do.

Heather said...

Thankyou so much for reading my blog Margaret - I wondered if anyone apart from my daughter would bother! I feel I have arrived in blog land. There are plans to include lots of photos as soon as possible, and my husband had offered to buy me a digital camera for our wedding anniversary. Oh dear, more technology to cope with!

Sandy said...

I like it.

Genie said...

Beautiful work, love ths sunset pic

sesga loves 1950s said...

Am gwaith prydferth Mags ,You are so tallented.
where is the exibition going to be I would love to come and see it .
Sorry am y sesneg mae brain fi yn slo haeddiw .
Gan sesga xx

Jackie said...

Its such lovely weather now isn't? It makes me want to get in the car and see that view for myself..but my to do list is as big as yours.

Jackie said...

By the way...what or who is Ton?

Alis said...

I love your Ton panel.

It has a lovely misty quality, very dreamlike.

Did I say I love it ;0)

corryna said...

This is a lovely piece of art. I like the work of Ton Schulte.