Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A busy week


You don't normally find family photos on my blog, but I thought I'd share this one with you. It's my grandsons in their fancy dress for European day, I made the waistcoat and the white trousers and was very pleased to see they fit so well.


It was the annual concert of the Maelgwn Male Voice choir last Saturday and the guest vocalists were Alfie Boe, the well known tenor and another excellent tenor Richard Allen and the beautiful soprano Elin Manahan Thomas. Above is a photo of my husband and his sister ready to go to the theatre.


This photo shows the sitting room where I normally spend time at the computer, but converted into a bedroom for my sister in law this week.


This is how my shell work is developing slowly. There are more samples of work done by some of the other members of SerenTex on our website here.


I have also been playing with various things on my embellisher as you can see.

8 comments:

tommy said...

The shell work is so delicate and perfect! You must spend a lot of time and have a great eye for detail. I prefer my sewing machine instead, but I was I knew how to embroider when I see works like this!

Heather said...

What a lot of good looking men you have in your family! I love your little embellished piece. I don't have an embellisher but just the dry felting needles which of course take much longer. I must fish them out and 'play' with them again - I have plenty of bits and pieces which could be used. Your sister-in-law's bedroom looks very inviting and that lovely Welsh blanket is just what is needed now the nights are getting colder.

Sue B said...

Gosh I'll say that's a lot of good looking men in one post! The shell piece is coming along nicely, I would find those colors a challenge to work with.

StegArt said...

Your grandsons are so handsome! I really like that flower piece at the bottom.

Gina said...

The shell work is beautiful Mags. Lovely to see your family photos too!

Genie said...

Great family Photos and some lovely Work

Emmy said...

I love the shell embroidery and the other work you made is also very lovely
you are so busy

Shelley at Mermaids Purse said...

The "tulips" are lovely and the family all look so very dapper don't they?