Thursday, October 23, 2008


I had a very busy and creative week last week and this week is going the same way. Above is a painting I made at the SerenTex meeting a week on Tuesday after watching Miriam demonstrate an exercise from the book Celebrate Your Creative Self: More Than 25 Exercises to Unleash the Artist within, Mary Todd Beam. I am pleased with it as I can see it in fabric with all the folds and pleats. It should be fun trying to create a textile piece from the inspiration. I shall post the rest of the work on SerenTex when I have some time to spare. It was great meeting.


The North Wales Branch Embroiderers' Guild is a very active group and once a month we have a Members Day, which I call a Playday. Last Thursday Moya our Chairman demonstrated some Flower brooches she’d seen, using organza, an embellisher and a heat gun. Then we all had a great time creating our own, but unfortunately I didn’t have my camera with me, so you will have to make do with the one I made (above)
I wrote one of my longest posts in a long while, which took me about an hour only to lose it all when trying to save it as Blogger was having a Scheduled Outage at 8 pm and I hadn’t noticed and it only lasted for 10 minutes, but that must have been when I decided to save. Drat, I lost it all. This post is shorter and I will post the rest tomorrow instead.

11 comments:

verobirdie said...

Both beautiful works, and in harmony with your banner!

Gunnels blog said...

Beautiful works and lovely colours!

Gina said...

The flower look like it was fun to make with beautiful results.

Heather said...

Hello Margaret - lovely to have you back! Computers can be so exasperating at times can't they? The brooch is lovely and the painting beautiful and mysterious. I am sure I have that book and have used it in the past - must fish it out and look at it again.

StegArt said...

The painting and flower are both very lovely.

Sandy said...

Blogger can certainly be frustrating. I love your pieces.

maggi said...

So sorry you lost all your blog, but the picture is fabulous. I can understand how you can see it in fabric. I thought it was fabric! Amazing what can be done with the embellisher - new things appearing almost daily.

Genie said...

Beautiful work Margaret.
I also have that book its one of my Favourites for dipping into for inspiration. have a good weekend

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Margaret, This brooch is gorgeous. Bloggers is such a pain in the butt. LOL But we could not live without them. They connects us to all our wonderful creative friends. Hugs Judy

Micki said...

They are both lovely.

Jackie said...

Hi Margaret, say hello to Moya for me. I visited N Wales guild a couple of years ago and have happy memories of the workshop.