Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ruthin Craft Centre


Yesterday I visited the new Canolfan Grefft Rhuthun - Ruthin Crafft Centre. It was a very short visit and I was unlucky enough to choose a day when they were changing the exhibitions in the galleries. I was still able to see the work and books in the shop and I was also able to peep into Cefyn Burgess' workshop at the centre. I was rather unlucky here too as Cefyn was busy with a class of students in the little workshop.
Instead I went outside and picked up loads of beautiful coloured leaves just blown off the trees.



I just love these colours.


And the shape of this dry leaf!


Then of course I could not resist playing with the photos in PaintShopPro9. I do have the latest PSP but still prefer using PSP9.

9 comments:

Carol said...

he new centre looks wonderful, I have been watching the website to see when it would reopen, I think D needs a day out :)

Carol said...

Oh yummy colours, shame you didn't get to see the exhibition.

Purple Missus said...

I managed to get there when we came down in September. A vast improvement - even the coffee shop is wonderful and arty.
The exhibition areas are fabulous and of course the shop is a must!
It was a great day out - you'll have to go again Mags when you have more time.

Heather said...

Love the colours on your leaf. Now we shall be waiting to see what came of your digitized leaf patterns! The new art centre sounds very inviting - I looked at Cefyn Burgess's website and think the little chapel images are delightful. All very inspiring.

Valeri said...

What lovely leaves. The colours are awesome. Love your rendition of it too.

Karen Hall said...

Beautiful colours on the leaves you photographed. Glad to know the Ruthin Craft Centre is open again - I will have to visit it again.
K

Waltraud said...

Wonderful colours!

Carol said...

Mags what gorgeous colours you have captured in the leaf - stunning.

mrsatroxi said...

Hi Mags! Long time no see indeed! ;) I LOVE that first leaf! Amazing!