Friday, October 24, 2008

Stevie Walker


Last weekend I was fortunate enough to go on a course with Stevie Walker who is a wonderful textile artist and tutor. This is my unfinished piece of work above, there is more stitching to do and then I will wash the Romeo cold water soluble stabilizer out of it and hopefully it will look better. I had taken a photo of the castle on a misty day and the foreground stood out clearly. I think I might have another go as I quite like the effect.


This is work done by the class and there were some wonderful samples.


Here is Sue of Golden Hinde - Threads of Inspiration & Imagination having a well desrved rest with a cup of tea. The website is worth a visit.


What a busy class!

6 comments:

Genie said...

Lovely work Margaret, lucky you to have access to such great classes

Heather said...

Your view of the castle already looks good - by the time you have finished with it, it will be beautiful. It sounds like a very successful workshop for everyone.

StegArt said...

Ooooo that piece is looking very wonderful Mags. I can't wait to see it when you are done.

sesga loves 1950s said...

Beautiful work Margret ,Sounds like you had a great time I adore all the colours and all that amazing stitching you are so talented .
Gobethio fod ti yn cadw yn iawn
:) gan sesga xx

Deb H said...

Oh it is a beautiful piece, & it looks like so much fun! I teach freemotion thread play. It's one of my most favorite things to do!

BEAUTIFUL WORK!

Sandra said...

Beautiful piece and the whole group look fun to me.