Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas card


The last 5 or 6 years I only give Christmas cards to my close relatives. My list had gone up to nearly 200 cards and I suddenly thought, enough is enough. I now donate the money that would have gone on cards and postage to our local hospice and it feel really good. I make cards for the family and this year I chose to print out a little "sketch" of a mother and child. I dropped a few threads onto some fabric, used the Embellisher and I could see a shadow of the mother and child developing, I added a few mor threads and embellished further then added some hand stitching to complete what I could see in my mind's eye.


I took this photo of the first traces of the design.


The sun coloured the snow on the mountains pink this morning.


Here is a closeup.



The evening sun!

16 comments:

maggi said...

I love the cards. Amazing what you can create from just dropping threads - the image was so clear, even before you refined it. Gorgeous photos

Margarita Korioth said...

Beautiful cards, love the texture!

Vicki W said...

The cards are beautiful!

Helen Suzanne said...

what a wonderful card your image makes. 200 is an amazing amount of cards to have to make... hope I interpreted that wrong! lol.

Fran├žoise said...

Lovely cards Mags!

Angelcat said...

Your cards ate truly beautiful, Mags!

Sue B said...

oh my gosh Mags those cards are fabulous!

Heather said...

Your cards are so beautiful and each one is a little work of art to be treasured. The photos are lovely too. It must be hard not to take pictures all day long of your lovely views - I expect the light changes all the time tempting you not to miss something special.

... Paige said...

Beautiful cards and photos.

Merry Christmas

Jacquelines blog said...

The cards are beautiful Mags. My sister does the same thing, she donates every year the money that she saves on stamps, Christmas cards etc. to a charity fund. I think that is a real good purpose, and I have respect for your affort.

Karen said...

beautiful cards! Such a beautiful place too.

Sandy said...

That's a wonderful card.

Genie said...

Happy Christmas Mags
Beautiful cards

Margeeth said...

Your cards look great I think. Good for you, stopping sending all those people cards and donating to the hospise instead. Imagine the time you are saving not having to write all those cards (we sent about 25 cards and I think writing those is more than enough).

Jackie said...

Oh Margaret! How I miss North Waies.
Thank you.

Emmy said...

sooooo very beautiful