Friday, December 12, 2008

Goodies again


So many people took a fancy to my waistcoat I thought you would like to see the pattern. It's a Sirdar pattern - 8925 using Hug yarn. The reason mine looks a little different (blush) I knitted the largest size by mistake and I have only just realised this. I bought 8 balls of yarn and there was not enough left over to complete the roll collar. But I'm still very happy with it. It's casual and warm.



I thought I'd posted about this wonderful surprise I had in the post on November 8th, but I obviously hadn't! I'd taken the photo and resized it ready, but didn't blog it. They were made for me by my friend Sandy Marcoux of Dangling by a Thread. They are lovely Sandy,


I received this arch yesterday from Cathy Winter of Houston Texas and it is so beautiful and unusual. Thanks Cathy! Cathy's blog is called Winter Wanderings.

6 comments:

smarcoux said...

HI Marg... glad you liked the atcs and card... your camera must be much better then mine it makes them look wonderful...
cheers
Sandy

Aussie Jo said...

I like your version of the waistcoat better!!!

verobirdie said...

This arch is really beautiful!

Heather said...

More gorgeous goodies - aren't they lovely and yet another beautiful arch. I shall take a look at the two new blogs in a minute. Thankyou for the details of the waistcoat pattern and like Aussie Jo, I like your version better.

Alis said...

Well I like your version of the waistcoat too!

Great goodies you recieved too.

Genie said...

Lovely goodies Margaret.
Happy Xmas