Wednesday, January 21, 2009

ATC's


Here is the lovely ATC I received from Michelle of Stitch & Paint Spot. She used UTEE for this one and sent detailed instructions of her method. Thanks Michelle. I will have a go soon. This is a techniques swap for the Surface Design Yahoo Group.


Here is a closeup of one of my own ATC's for this swap and below the rest of the bunch I'm sending.These used a sheet of absorbent kitchen roll, painted, free machine stitched and finished with acrylic wax. I still have a few more ATC's and postcards to make.

12 comments:

Aussie Jo said...

Wow, very effective colours.

maggi said...

The UTEE card is beautiful and so are your cards - what a novel idea but so very effective

Gina said...

Your ATCs are very effective. Beautiful colours.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hello Margaret, thanks for popping over to my blog and leaving a comment. I am interested in the Take It Further Challenge group that I see you belong to and I wondered if you could tell me a bit more about the challenge. Best wishes, Carolyn

StegArt said...

Love your ATCs. The colors and textures are wonderful.

Heather said...

Your ATC'c are lovely Margaret, who would think that a humble sheet of kitchen roll could be turned into something so decorative. I must have a go myself. I have tried the UTEE technique - I did mine on felt - it gives a good result nearly every time.

Nola said...

Love the ATCs, Margaret! We must be on the same wavelength, as I just bought a roll of extra strong kitchen paper yesterday - it's deliciously textured, wider than usual and apparently very strong because of the "cellulose fibres". Not sure when I'll get to play with it but I just couldn't pass it up!

Sue B said...

very cool cards Mags!

Michelle said...

The ATC looks lovely on your blog! Thanks for posting it, I'm glad you like it. Your ATCs are spectacular! I can't wait till mine arrives. :o)

Sandy said...

Those ATC's are wonderful.

corryna said...

What a wonderful ATC's! Your art is great, the colours beautiful!

Ann Christine Dennison said...

I love the colours and texture here!!!