Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blue Chairs and another ATC


Here is another great ATC I received yesterday from Aynsley McKay in the USA. I must have a go at this technique using layers of plastic bags. Thanks Aynsley.



As some of you know by now, I just can't resist a challenge, however busy I am. Helen S Alexander heb-art journal is a good friend of mine and when I read this I knew I had to have a go. I might not do it regularly, but I will as often as I can. Helen's challenge can be seen here a title thing. It's a really interesting idea. The first challenge was a Blue Chair. What was the first thing that came to mind when faced with this title. I immediately saw in my mind's eye, years of teaching young children, but I didn't just see a Blue Chair, I saw dozens upon dozens of Blue Chairs. School services, concerts and so on. How many times did I supervise setting out and putting away Blue Chairs I wonder? I was teaching for 30 years and I enjoyed every minute. My favourite subjects were Art and Craft, including Stitching and Knitting in those days, Music and story telling.

4 comments:

Helen Suzanne said...

Fantastic Mags :D I can't tell you how pleased I am that you're joining in. I've sent you the invite to the team membership so you can add your post of spectacular blue chairs to the Today's Title blog

all the best
Helen

maggi said...

Nice to see your take on The Blue Chair.

Heather said...

A very simple subject, but what a striking photograph. A very clever idea Margaret.

Keyword said...

Hello there... care to add your blog at KeywordDir.info?