Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I thought I'd explain why I was disappointed with my latest ATC's. The fabric I made with the absorbemt paper turned out really well and the stitching finished it off well. I cut them out and decided not to back with any support fabric, such as Vilene. I have received some very good ATC's that are soft and pliable, so I experimented. I tend to like a fairly neat finish to my work, but this time the zigzag stitching wasn't satisfactory at all, so I went over it again. I had used a dark colour, but as I worked it became darker than I had intended and that was what I felt spoiled it. But as I said before I really enjoyed the whole process.
I spent most of the day tidying up the very messy side of the eaves, which is very awkward and tiring as it's impossible to stand up in this part of the loft. It looks a lot better, but I think I have a couple of days more work on it.