Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ATC


I thought I'd explain why I was disappointed with my latest ATC's. The fabric I made with the absorbemt paper turned out really well and the stitching finished it off well. I cut them out and decided not to back with any support fabric, such as Vilene. I have received some very good ATC's that are soft and pliable, so I experimented. I tend to like a fairly neat finish to my work, but this time the zigzag stitching wasn't satisfactory at all, so I went over it again. I had used a dark colour, but as I worked it became darker than I had intended and that was what I felt spoiled it. But as I said before I really enjoyed the whole process.

I spent most of the day tidying up the very messy side of the eaves, which is very awkward and tiring as it's impossible to stand up in this part of the loft. It looks a lot better, but I think I have a couple of days more work on it.

3 comments:

Stitchety Grub said...

I like the big contrast between the edging and the centre .... though of course I am only going by how it looks on my screen.... I have ATC's to swap if you are interested I would love to swap with you.
Britt in Western Australia

Aussie Jo said...

I agree with Britt.
Although sometimes when you have a picture in your mind of how you want something to come out, you can't see that a different result is quite effective.

Heather said...

I have just made my first ATCs and really enjoyed doing them but they are not as neat as yours. Don't wear yourself out on those eaves cupboards. We had them in a previous home and they are very useful but a bit too handy for just chucking things out of the way, especially in children's rooms. When we came to move house it was a nightmare clearing them out.