Saturday, February 14, 2009

Baby Play Mat


Just finished a Play Mat for a new baby girl. I found this fabric at Abakhan recently and thought it was nice and colourful for a baby. I stitched out Welsh words for her and made a bag to put it in with Leusa's Play Mat on it using my Bernina and the Artista software. I put a handle on it as I don't think cords are safe for babies.


I had fabric left over which made two blankets with blue ribbon for my own little grandson who has just left his cot to sleep in a bed!

6 comments:

Heather said...

These are so bright and cheerful Margaret - small children will just love them. I can see their little fingers trying to pick up the different animals.

Aussie Jo said...

Gorgeous Margaret, I'm sure they'll become favourites with the little ones.

Nola said...

What a great idea! So bright and such fun.

Fran├žoise said...

Lovely! And the bag is a very good idea.

Gina said...

What a beautiful fabric. I'm sure the babies will love them.

Mermaids Purse said...

I'm sure these will be firm favourites with the little ones and love the "bucket" idea!