Thursday, February 05, 2009

City and Guild memories 2

You will have realised by now that I'm back into blogging in a big way (smile). For some reason I had gone off blogging for a while, but I'm very pleased that I feel like doing more again. This is my second post of the day and is really a continuation of the last post.



This was some of the work I was inspired to make with my knitting machine plus the sewing machine using this story board. A dress with a light jacket full of curves.

Tracy is another 'squiggly gal' as she admits on her blog. But the ATC she sent me doesn't have a squiggle in sight.


It is a very beautiful woven piece. At first sight it has dark metallic shades shades, like the back of a beetle or peacock feathers.


But taking a closer look you can see the wonderful shades underneath that top layer. and the wonder of it is Tracy has the details of how she made it here - Tracy's Creative Side: Woven ACEO's


This is the first week of a challenge on the Textile Challenges Yahoo Group. It was chosen by Marie Nutt and we had to create an ATC in 15 minutes using stuff we found lying around in the workroom. I take a long time mulling over my ideas and rather careful when I make things. I found out last night I don't have to do it that way. From now on I will plunge in and create vigorously. It seemed to work just as well.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad you feel like blogging again too! Love your knitted pieces and the wiggly decoration. The ATCs are lovely and I am just going to look at the instructions for the woven one. Sometimes I can spend ages poring over a design and working carefully and methodically and it still doesn't look the way I had hoped, and another time I can plunge straight in and - Bingo! - instant success.

Aussie Jo said...

That is a great result from the challenge. We might pose that one for our textile group next week.
Cheers
Jo

Alis said...

I love the work on the knitting and what a great ATC from Tracy.

I love your ATC too.
I haven't risen to the challenge yet. I can't find anything since my great tidy up. Maybe next week!