Friday, February 27, 2009

A Good Day


One of my favourite places on earth is the Parque el Teidi and this is where I spent my birthday and had a wonderful time. We always hire a car for a few days when we are in Tenerife and a visit is never complete until I have been up to the Teidi. I don’t mean I go right to the summit of the volcano, but to the wonderful park that surrounds it and it is just like visiting another planet, which is why I suppose they use this area to make films, in particular, The Planet of the Apes was filmed here. When we got up this morning and looked out of the window we could see that it was very clear on the top, so decided to go up today. Where better to go on my birthday than one of my favourite places?




Would you believe I took 190 photos during the day? Well I did. I love my little pocket camera which is a Pentax Optio. It’s got a wonderful Macro and a Super Macro as well which I use quite a lot when I photograph my textiles, but the LCD viewer is too shiny and it has no view finder to use when it’s too sunny. So I just have to aim in the right direction and hope for the best.


DH took a few photos of me by the Tiedi and just pointed the camera at me, they are quite passable considering. If anyone has an answer to this problem I would love to hear it.


When I came back there was a bottle of Champagne waiting for me from the hotel management! They must have their computer set to tell them when someone has a birthday while staying here.

18 comments:

Carol said...

What a great photo, of you and of the backdrop, the colours are just fab. I love the champers too, much deserved and enjoyed I bet. emblwydd hapus i chwi! Naeth Ellie gwisgo'r gwisg traddodiadol heddw just i'ch pemblwydd!!!!

maggi said...

Lovely photographs and what a nice surprise to have the champagne waiting.

Fran├žoise said...

Great pictures!
Happy birthday, (a little late)!

Dorothy said...

Hi M,
That's a smashing picture of you... glad you had such a nice day.
Dorothy

Liz said...

Wonderful photo, Mags. I loved going up Tiede as well. How nice to get champagne.. what a wonderful hotel!

Guzzisue said...

I have the same problem with my little Fuji, tend to have to point and hope:-)fortunately the cannon has both a viewfinder and an LCD screen that can be angled away from the camera like a camcorder.

Great piccie of you!and a lovely surprise

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Mags! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day and that is a beautiful photo of you!!!

Heather said...

Great photos and beautiful scenery. That's a lovely natural one of you - glad you had such a good day. Those mountains are wonderful but your nearer to home ones are nearly as good - maybe a bit colder and wetter!

Alis said...

What a wonderful day you had.
Great photos.

I miss a viewfinder as my new camera only has a screen. My old one had both. All camera's should have both I think.

Gill said...

A great photo of the birthday girl, looking relaxed and happy in her favourite place!

So pleased to hear you had such a nice day Mags and will look forward to hearing all about the rest of your trip when you're home.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!!

Deb H said...

Beautiful photos. What a wonderful place!

Thanks so much for the ATC. & Happy Birthday!

Emmy said...

wonderful pictures happy birthday
thanks so much for the beautiful ATC

Gina said...

Fabulous photo of you Mags!

fiona d said...

happy (belated) birthday - it looks wonderful there - and you look so happy

Micki said...

Happy belated birthday, Mags. Great pictures, especially the one of you.

Totty Teabag said...

I have just come back from Tenerife, and I too have a Pentax Optio; the original version that came with a viewfinder. Now I know why I don't need an upgrade....

Jackie said...

You look so lovely in this picture, but so different from your Blogger photo. Isn't it funny how pictures truly are just one aspect of our characters?
Happy Birthday.

Dijanne Cevaal said...

You are probably back in Wales now- but it looks as if you had a wonderful time - and many happy returns!