Monday, February 09, 2009
Tidying my workroom
This ATC was supposed to take me 20 minutes. It's a challenge for the Textile Challenges group. I was in such a hurry and enjoying the challenge, but my mind was elsewhere and I almost destroyed my sewing machine. Luckily it was my small machine that I take to classes. How did I do that you might ask? Well I had used adhesive to stick a few things together and when I was stitching, it oozed out covering the teeth of the machine and everywhere else. But I did what I could to get rid of the mess. Luckily it's working today. Phew! I finished the ATC and I'm sure if I hadn't had to spend time cleaning the machine it took 20 minutes.
I've also been tidying my workroom, yet again. I know it will be the same again in a couple of days. The red and blue drawers were bought years ago as 2 sets of 3 drawers, but I found I could force them apart to create a tall set of 6. I treated myself to some more plastic drawers as you can see and I bought four sets.
I created 2 sets of 6 drawers saving myself a lot of floorspace, which means I can still have my keyboard out. I had been thinking of putting it away to make more room.