Monday, February 09, 2009

Tidying my workroom


This ATC was supposed to take me 20 minutes. It's a challenge for the Textile Challenges group. I was in such a hurry and enjoying the challenge, but my mind was elsewhere and I almost destroyed my sewing machine. Luckily it was my small machine that I take to classes. How did I do that you might ask? Well I had used adhesive to stick a few things together and when I was stitching, it oozed out covering the teeth of the machine and everywhere else. But I did what I could to get rid of the mess. Luckily it's working today. Phew! I finished the ATC and I'm sure if I hadn't had to spend time cleaning the machine it took 20 minutes.


I've also been tidying my workroom, yet again. I know it will be the same again in a couple of days. The red and blue drawers were bought years ago as 2 sets of 3 drawers, but I found I could force them apart to create a tall set of 6. I treated myself to some more plastic drawers as you can see and I bought four sets.


I created 2 sets of 6 drawers saving myself a lot of floorspace, which means I can still have my keyboard out. I had been thinking of putting it away to make more room.

8 comments:

Ali Honey said...

Your experience is a good lesson for us all. Yikes.

I love the ATMs you make. Top marks for tidying!
I presume you play your keyboard still?

Blue is my colour said...

Hi Margaret, I took advantage of being snowed in last week to finish clearing out my room. I was shocked at the number of rubbish bags I filled. Why on earth do I hang on to so much "stuff". Anyhow, it was a wonderfully liberating exercise and, now with a few empty shelves to fill, I have decided to buy an embellisher! Lesley

Gina said...

Tidying my workroom seems to be a permanent ongoing job! Well done for getting yours done and pleased you sorted out your machine!

maggi said...

Thank goodness there was no permanent damage done. Good idea to stack the drawers.

Alis said...

Oh goodness Mags, your poor machine!
Glad it is fine and the ATC was worth the heartache.

Studio tidying is an on going chore for all of us I feel. But boy it looks good now and so glad you can keep that keyboard out.

Sandy said...

Glad your machine is working today. I love the storage drawers and have a bunch too. I think cleaning and rearranging are part of the creative process. I just found and finished 2 small quilts.

Heather said...

Another great ATC and those drawers are a great idea. I keep thinking about them for my room but there isn't much floor space left. Perhaps I could hang them from the ceiling?!! I got my machine needle all stuck up with double sided sellotape - it seemed like a good idea at the time. Glad your machine came to no harm.

Jackie said...

I am coveting yout drawers! The trouble is they always get filled up!