Sunday, March 15, 2009

Encaustic art

Sunsets like this are just as beautiful in my opinion as the very colourful ones and I couldn't resist showing you this photo I took this evening.


I had a wonderful day learning how to do Encaustic Art. I'm going to share a secret with you all. Eight to ten years ago I fell in love with Encaustic art at a Knitting and Stitching show at Ally Pally when I watched Michael Bossom demonstrating and selling the coloured wax and all the necessary material. I didn't buy anything then, but the following year I bought a starter set and an iron and a couple of books about it. when I came home, I'm afraid I had cold feet for some reason and never got around to trying it out myself. That is, until today. I know I'm going to enjoy it this time round as I just needed the opportunity to do it with a good teacher at hand.







I thought you would enjoy looking at the colourful art created by the class today.

7 comments:

Helen Suzanne said...

They are wonderfully effective :D

Sandy said...

They are wonderful. I'm taking a class in it next fall and can't wait.

TracyB said...

The colors are absolutely gorgeous!! I just bought my first encaustic piece (ACEO) on Etsy & am anxiously awaiting for it to arrive. Have never viewed an encaustic up close before.

Heather said...

These are all beautiful. I used to have a kit but gave it to my granddaughter - I wonder if she uses it and should I ask for it back?! It is a fascinating technique and gives stunning results.

Jacquelines blog said...

Beautiful Mags!

lindacreates said...

These are wonderful! You are going to inspire me to drag all of my things out, but I need that teacher!

On a Whimsey said...

What a fun and wonderful collection! I must admit I fell in love with the medium early last year and have never looked back!