Saturday, March 28, 2009

More Bubbles

My favourite way of relaxing is playing with one of my paint programmes, especially playing with colours. Colour Wheels and rules don't come into it, I just know when I like something. The top two are my favourites here, I wonder which colours you like? I have decided that I will concentrate from now on using my digital art for the purpose it was intended as design for textile art. This is what I always have at the back of my mind when I'm digitizing.

I've saved so many images that would convert into textiles or mixed media work and very few of them have been used yet. I think these could be useful, maybe using stitching, Tyvek and a heat gun. So watch this space.





i was messing about with my blog tonight and I accidentally got rid of all the groups I belong to. What a nuisance, I think I will leave have ti leave it like this for now.

14 comments:

ANNA said...

These are wonderful - look forward to seeing them as textiles. Keep thinking I should use some digital art in my work but get so lost in playing with the paint programs that I never convert anything :-)

Emmy said...

so very beautiful and this wil be awesome in textiles

Textile Art Showcase said...

These look Great - they are very effective whichever colourway you choose. The power of technology!!

Heather said...

I didn't think I was into digital art but these designs are gorgeous. I like the top and bottom ones best - they certainly have plenty of possibilities. I must thankyou for your lovely compliment left on my blog - I'm still purring!

Micki said...

These are great. You make me want to have a go at it.

Jackie said...

Do you know I hadn't realised you were on the fibre and stich team. How did I miss that?
I should have realised, you are so creative.

Carol said...

I like the first and third best. Have you tried putting fabric paint in the bubbles and laying fabric on it. I went through a bubble stage once (before computers were invented!)

Sandy said...

wonderful images. They will be fun to work.

Deb H said...

I LOVE bubbles. I love how they look, how delicate they are, & how magic they seem. Your images are beautiful. I've made a couple of quilts with bubbles on them.

I keep a bottle of bubbles for blowing at work. When we have children in the recovery room, I will get them out & blow the bubbles for them, & encourage them to blow too. It's a good way to get them to take a deep breath, & it seems to frequently take their fear away. How bad can a place be that has bubbles!

Thanks for the comment on my clock!

Fran├žoise said...

Nice bubbles! The first image is my favourite I think.

TracyB said...

LOVE the aqua blue one. I have photoshop on my computer & have next to NO clue at how to use it.

I can see this being printed on ExtravOrganza used as an overlay. YUM!!!

Lesley said...

Hi Margaret! It's been ages so I will enjoy reading through your posts. I love your experiments... I am drawn to the blue/turquoise version. They are my favourite colours.

jgr said...

These are gorgeous!! I don't know much about textiles, I would love to know how you do this.
Anyway-thank you for sharing these beauties.

--Jane

BT said...

Those are really pretty and would work very well with tyvek. I'll have to see if you carry this out!