Wednesday, March 25, 2009

SerenTex meeting


There was a meeting of SerenTex on Tuesday and above you see a few of the members who were present. If you pop over to the SerenTex blog you can see a little of what went on there.
I have been doing some painting and designing at home and have had a 'fun' day all by myself. I love colours! I think my colours are becoming brighter all the time and this could be because I use the computer so much and my brain has got used to the bright colours I look at all the time. Most of my favourite blogs have bright colours. Have a look at Ro Bruhn Art here for one.



These are some of the papers I had painted and they are all very colourful. Next I used a roller on them.


I had borrowed Sue's rollers, but they were so very clean I decided not to use them with black paint. If anyone knows where I can buy some of these rollers I'd be very happy to know.


So I made some of my own instead, using a couple of those rollers you buy to pick fluff off your clothes. I'd bought 2 very cheaply at the pound shop. I'd also bought some of the felt pads to put under chairs to stop them scratching the floor. These included strips. It was these strips I cut up and stuck onto the rollers.


Here are some stamps I made very quickly as you can see.


And here are some of the results. I think I really went a bit mad today (smile). Some I loved, some I hated, but I had so much fun playing. This one below just had a mind of it's own and I just wonder if it was a conversation I had with my husband this morning that was in my subconscious. He'd mentioned in passing a friend who has a narrow boat on the canal, but the colours are not right in this one I'm afraid.


For a fun day or to give a lift to the spirits I can highly recommend this!

13 comments:

Sandy said...

I think you had a lot of fun. You don't need to buy the roller. You made much more creative ones. I got mine in the paint section of the hardware store.

Vicki W said...

You did have a fun day! I love your creative stamps.

Mermaids Purse said...

Gosh you've been busy - great idea with the rollers and the seagulls are brilliant (just such a nuisance where I live lol!)

Bettina Makley, aka Fairywebmother. said...

What beautiful, colorful work..and your stamps ...amazing. One of the best tips, ever! So glad to meet you on the Social Media site. :)

Heather said...

How ingenious and what super results - I love the colours. I am a bit chicken when it comes to colours and tend to play safe, but always admire other peoples 'bravery'. Just going to see what you got up to at the Serentex meeting.

sesga loves 1950s said...

Such beautiful movement in the pink one .
Gwaith neis iawn i feddwl na mond chwara .

Gan sesga xx

Ali Honey said...

Rhubarb people - that's much more creative than the muffins I make out of mine!

Carol said...

You have been busy. I would never have believed that picture was created with RHUBARB I think its great. It would make a good card

Micki said...

Looks like a fun day to me.

Sue said...

You can get textured rollers at education supply shops.

JaneO said...

I find it is worth visiting the children's section in Hobbycraft and also Early Learning Centre for thing s like this(that's my excuse anyway).

BT said...

Wow, what fun you had. I did a course on textiles and we made stamps with string, straw, all sorts really, They do work quite well, but often fall apart. Then you make more. What a fun play day you had.

Sue B said...

what fun! and great results too!