Friday, March 27, 2009

Textile Art


When I was interviewing Mary Spence for Issue 8 of Fibre & Stitch I fell in love with this beautiful piece of textile art, which Mary called a Practice Piece and had more or less discarded! Then she said quite casually I could have it. I am delighted with it. Thank you Mary.


I was washing a couple of dusters recently and noticed all these lovely bubbles and went to get my camera, but I had forgotten all about it until Helen Alexander heb-art journal suggested this as a topic on her blog Today's Title is.... I had always intended to have a bit of a play with it and below you can see some of the fun I had doing just that.


12 comments:

Sue B said...

I wish my practice pieces looked as fabulous as that!

StegArt said...

Love those bubbly photos.

... Paige said...

Love the bubbles

Fran├žoise said...

Great images of the bubbles.
And If you ever want to get rid of this practice piece, please think of me...

Aussie Jo said...

I love the kaleidoscope bubbles picture and Mary's piece is just gorgeous. I'm just catching up after working full time all this week. Your colours are getting brighter, the seagull sunset is magnificent!

Helen Suzanne said...

love the bottom one mags :D
Mary's piece is beautiful just as it is isn't it!

Alis said...

Wow Mags, what a lovely piece that is, no wonder you are thrilled.

I love the bubbles. I have always loved bubbles. I used to play in the washing up water, when younger, until they had all gone and my hands were wrinkly ;0)

Genie said...

Lucky you margaret, the piece is beautiful, love the bubbly pics as well.

Heather said...

If that is a discarded practice piece, what does a 'proper' piece look like - glad you rescued it. Love the bubbles and what you have done with them Mags.

Gina said...

What a beautiful practise piece. Love the bubble pics!

jan said...

love the bubbles, especially the pink one

Sandy said...

I love what the bubbles do.