Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Doodles and Owls


I was reminded of this mask I made years ago when the task for a new Doodle Day Yahoo group I just joined is owls. The mask is from one of the stories of the Welsh Mabinogi and is about a beautiful maiden made out of flowers who was turned into an owl for deceiving her husband.


When I doodle it's usually some curves of the wrought iron type or leaves on a tree and I found it more difficult to doodle on a set topic. But I will make and effort to doodle whenever I can.

9 comments:

Heather said...

Your doodles are great Mags, and the mask is too. Many years ago when we were on holiday somewhere in Wales I allowed myself to be talked out of buying a wonderfully illustrated copy of the Mabiniog and have regretted it ever since.

Helen Suzanne said...

what an amazing mask mags

maggi said...

The mask is superb and your owls are so cute.

Genie said...

lovely mask and doodles Mags.

Sandy said...

Great doodles and mask. I lay in bed last night listening to an owl in the woods.

Laura said...

Just catching up on your blog Mags. Like the doodles. I have also started focused doodling ( if that's not a contradiction in terms!) What book group of Dijanne's are you part of? The one that was started beginning last year? Is it still active as I also signed up for it but nothing really happenend?

Mermaids Purse said...

The mask is beautiful and such a wonderful story behind it!

... Paige said...

Kinda scary at first but beautiful...purple my fav

Alis said...

Loving the owls and the mask is wonderful.