Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

This week has been a good one and I seem to be on a roll. I want to do it all, not just one muse seems to have visited me but quite a few of them. My head has been bursting with ideas of all the things I want to do, but of course there's only so much time! Pity, when I have the time all these wonderful ideas will have been forgotten.


I've been reading everything I can find abut Lutradur and I have the great CD by Marion Barnett and Dijanne Cevaal which was so helpful. And my friend Sue Martin in Australia sent me handouts she'd used for a class. Above is my first piece of work with this fabric. I had used it previously as pages for a book, but not an embroidery. This was one of my designs that I printed out, layered and stitched. It will hopefully become a book cover next weekend.


I tested different paints and colours and recorded them for reference. I still need to try burning with a heat gun and soldering iron.


I think this one is ready to turn into postcards or ATC's.



Both these are WIP. Tomorrow I have a SerenTex meeting and it is my turn to introduce something new and of course it's going to be "Lutradur".

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

Very cool!

Fran├žoise said...

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing your next post on the SerenTex blog.

Heather said...

Lovely post - lovely sample - I particularly like the blue one. I have some Lutrador and have never used it properly. Have a gold star for labelling your samples so neatly, and even for making and labelling them at all. I'm sure the other Serentex members will be impressed.

Genie said...

Lovely work Mags, i have lutrador in my stash, still have not got round to trying yet!!

maggi said...

I love the top piece and the ones in progress are really varied. Looks like being an interesting meeting for your SerenTex group.

Sojourner Design said...

Hmmm. Seems like we all have it but haven't done a thing with it. I'm still on the fence.

Diane

JannArt said...

Lovely. I look forward to seeing the book cover. You have inspired me to get out the Lutrador I have stashed away and have a play.
Have a good meeting.

Di said...

I'm another who has Lutrador but never used it! I've been thinking about how I can use it for a journal quilt.