Sunday, April 19, 2009

Embroiderers' Guild North Wales weekend

Before I start to tell you about my wonderful weekend at Plas Tan y Bwlch, I'd like to thank friends for their comments on the last two posts as I don't think I'm going to have time for personal replies this time.


The weekend proved to be as exciting as I expected it to be with a wonderful tutor like Alison Mercer. Go and have a look at her new website as soon as you can and you will have a real treat I promise.


My finished books.
Over the weekend she gave us so much information and tuition on making a variety of handmade books. We started on Friday evening by making concertina books, then followed Perfect Stab Bound books and Perfect Bound Books on Saturday, with Butterfly Books this morning. I did my best to keep up with the young ones and did manage quite well until this morning when I failed to complete my Butterfly Book. It's part done and I hope to finish it this week.


I think these books were made by Heather and shows the Butterfly Book I failed to finish. I will post more images when I have time.

I shall show you some of the wonderful work done in the other two classes later.

12 comments:

Gina said...

Wonderful books Mags. That is a weekend I would have liked to attend!

Julie said...

Beautiful books Mags. Thank you for the link to Alison. I wasn't familiar with her work before but it is fantastic. I particularly enjoyed her stitched textiles.

Fran├žoise said...

Lovely books! I like the small concertina books a lot.
Thanks for the link. Her work is indeed gorgeous.

Dorothy said...

Hi M,
Live the books. AS you know, I like making them too. What a lot you did in one weekend. Well done you!
Dorothy

Sandy said...

Super books. It looks like you kept up quite well.

Heather said...

Your books are wonderful Mags. What a great course that must have been. It's hard to keep up the pace on workshops and I find it's better to finish a piece at home than rush and spoil it on the day. I'm looking forward to seeing more when you have time.

Sue B said...

fabulous books Mags, you had a good time!

Sara Lechner said...

Thank you for your comment in my blog. I was reading yours and I think I will see many interesting things in Wales this year!

Jude said...

They look lovely, I do hope you show more soon.

Helen Cowans said...

These look wonderful. Going to follow up the link :)

Waltraud said...

So beautiful!!!1

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.