Thursday, April 09, 2009

Having fun


I've had so much fun cutting up my painted papers to make two collages of a vase of flowers. They had been doing this at a SerenTex meeting which I missed. See it here . Sue was in charge of this one and she suggested making black and white photo copies of the work and cutting them up to make further designs.


There was no need to go and photocopy them when it is so easy to convert them to black and white on the computer.


The computer could cut them for me too using the crop tool, which is so easy to slide around to find the best design. I cropped a few to play with and this is the one I liked best.


I played around with this small image in PaintShopPro9 and got this which I quite liked.


I played some more and got this, which I liked even better.


Played some more again, liked it and cropped it for a better design. I feel sure this one has possibilities.
Below are my Easter cards for the grandchildren this year. These did not turn out well I'm afraid, but Charlie who is 2 loved his, so it was well worth the trouble. the flower card for Amy used a favourite design I created a few years ago.

11 comments:

Heather said...

I love your paper collages and the way you developed them with the computer. Your Easter cards are great fun - I think your grandchildren will love them. Happy Easter.

Sue B said...

very cool collages Mags!

Laura said...

I like the collages and how you played around with it. Looks like a lot of fun! Happy Easter.

sharon young said...

Wow!!! You did have a good workshop. I love the progression of the collages to digital images. I've just got PSP 8 and am trying to get to grips with it, it's very different to PS but fun.
I love the B&W woven image.
Many thanks for your comment on my blog, it was lovely to see you there.

Gina said...

The tulip collages are great and I love the way they look in black and white. Pasg Hapus Mags!

Jackie said...

You are so good at this. I need lessons!

JannArt said...

Your paper collages are wonderful.

I am sure your grandchildren will love the Easter cards. I think they are great.

Happy Easter.

Val said...

I love the paper collages Mags - the final design is fabulous. PSP surely does save an enormous amount of cutting and sticking!!

Mermaids Purse said...

Love the collages! Happy Easte!

fiona d said...

a very inspiring transformation, I would love to see your final design as a textile!

Jane said...

Your collages are wonderful and inspire me to keep playing with v8 of PSP! I will get to grips with it - one day ............