Saturday, April 04, 2009

More Felting


Last night I promised to show you some more felting from my class. The above is a large piece of work designed and created by a class of school children that Heather Holt our tutor teaches. Isn't it wonderful?


This is also an example of work done by children in one of the classes she teaches.


The hat was made by the tutor's daughter and is a wonderful example of felting work.


This is the digital design I used as inspiration for my felted piece. This is going to be my aim in the next few months to create textile or mixed media pieces using my digital art. When I design on the computer it is always with the intention of creating textiles. The exact colours I needed for this piece were used by someone else in the class, so I substituted them for a different colour scheme which I am quite pleased with.


I have been working on both my felted pieces today and I could not resist using my embellisher to do a little extra work on them and I think it was quite successful, but when I tried to take photos this evening I just could not get clear ones. So this will have to wait until tomorrow and I have also added some stitching to it.

7 comments:

Aussie Jo said...

The felting pieces are all beautiful, I love the colours of yours, very rusty, no doubt inspired by your walk the day before. The weather is cooling down here in the south so its great incentive to make some woolly pieces.
I must put Conwy on the list of places to visit, might have to do a teacher exchange one day to see all these lovely places.

Gina said...

The childrens'work is beautiful. I like the way your piece has turned ot Mags.

Heather said...

What gorgeous felt pieces - those children are so talented. I love your digital design and your piece is looking super. I shall look forward to seeing more of your digital designs in the future.

Sandy said...

It is very nice.

StegArt said...

Lots of loveliness Mags!

maggi said...

Lovely pieces and that digital design is awesome.

Carol Wiebe said...

Oh yes! I do the same thing, use my digital art to inspire my "physical" art and vice versa. It's an exciting way to work!

http://www.silverspringstudio.com