Friday, April 10, 2009

The Right side of the Brain

I visited Creative Kismet today and found this video. I found it well worth listening to. Five years ago a friend of mine suffered a stroke which she still has not recovered from, she's still in a wheelchair and cannot communicate. This video has given me an insight into how she must feel. It takes about 20 minutes to play. It is the astonishing story of brain scientist Jill Bolte Taylor. She had a stroke and shared her experience at a TED convention. Read about it here, she puts it far more eloquently than I can. Creative Kismet » Blog Archive » Our brains and our energy

3 comments:

... Paige said...

Back in November I had a Bells palsy virus attack; when the hospital did a brain scan because I also exhibited some stroke symptoms they found that I did have one. I went to and am still seeing an acupuncturist. After that first session with him the same day I left the hospital I was able to close my eye and each visit after that I improved rapidly. The doctors at the hospital said it would be a minimum of 3 months to start to get back to normal.
I say what have you to loose if you try acupuncture but you have everything to possibly gain.

Your brain is a terrible thing to loose.

Doreen G said...

I saw this lady on Oprah recently and was truly amazed at what she had achieved.

Deb H said...

Wow, that was an amazing talk. What a dynamic speaker. Thanks for sharing the link. It was well worth watching & listening.