Tuesday, April 28, 2009

London

 

This is the Albert Hall in London. The choir, Cor Maelgwn which my husband sings with, took part in the 1000 voices concert. It was a wonderful concert.
Friday evening my husband had booked us seats to see Les Miserable because he'd been unable to get seats for Mama Mia which he knew I really did want to see. He did this 2 months ago without telling me and it was a really nice surprise.

 

Here is the choir before the concert started while people were still walking around. They surround that wonderful pipe organ. We were not allowed to take photos during the concert because it was being filmed.

 

Here is Marble Arch early on Sunday morning. Who would have thought that the London Marathon was just beginning a very short distance away.

 
Posted by Picasa

This is the side view of Marble Arch with the lovely shadow of the tree on the wall.
I did spend a very short time at the Victoria and Albert Museum and managed to see the Hat Exhibition which brought back so many memories of hat wearing occasions. I also had a quick look at the Jewellery Gallery. I bought a book on this exhibition at the V&A Book Shop and 2 small Indian printing blocks.

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

I went to the Albert hall once - to a horrid Brian Ferry concert - I bet your concert was much better! It's a beautiful venue though.

Sue B said...

sounds like you had a great time Mags.

Helen Suzanne said...

oh how fantastic. I remember going there for the last night at the proms - must have been an awesome experience to actually sing there!

Gina said...

How wonderful for your husband to actually get to sing at the Albert Hall.

Heather said...

What an uplifting experience the concert must have been, and a wonderful arena for it. Lovely photos of London - I haven't been for years. Glad you had time to pick up some goodies.

Genie said...

Hi Mags
glad you had a lovely time, and had good weather,

Carol said...

I used to work in that area. Lovely spot. I'll have to ask my brother if he went to either concert. Music is his thing. He conducts a monk's choir of all things :)

Julie said...

Sounds like a great weekend Mags. Will the concert be televised?

Alis said...

I love the Albert hall. It is such a beautiful building.
I have had the pleasure of going inside 3 times ;0)