Friday, May 22, 2009

EG Play day


This is as far as I got with my attempt to create an image in the style pf Gilda Barron. I'm afraid I haven't got the patience that's needed for this sort of work. After cutting a dozen leaves and stitching them down I got fed up and made some stamps to print the rest. The colours in the photo haven't come out very well but I hope with the addition of some fabric bit by bit will make a difference. I took original the photo using flash on a walk to Conwy and the plants came out light and bright. I have always loved this photo, I'll post it tomorrow.


This is Conwy Castle tonight in the evening sun.


This is the Jounal made for me by Annette. The colours of the fabric are really wonderful, but again the photography is not very good. I think after a whole day at a class I'm not much good for anything the following day!

9 comments:

Dorothy said...

Looka as if it's coming along alright to me M. Perhaps you should put it away for a day or two then look at it with a fresh eye if it doesn't please you now!

Textile Art Showcase said...

I have seen an exhibition of Guilda's work in London and was amazed at the amount of small pieces that she applies and have wondered how on earth she has the patience. I think you have done a very nice piece and what you have is 'a Margaret' not a 'Guilda' and that is better. Your piece is really subtle. I like it.

Gina said...

I think your piece is very much your own but in the style of Gilda's work. It's lovely.

Valeri said...

I think your piece a la Guilda is very exciting and well on the right lines. You've definitely stamped your own mark on it. It will be interesting to see how you finish it.

Heather said...

Your journal is beautiful and Conwy Castle is always beautiful. I love your Gilda Baron picture and think it's looking good. Your lovely photo is quite a complicated composition to interpret. It's good that you have stamped some of the flowers and not followed Gilda's instructions slavishly - you have made it your own.

maggi said...

You may not have enjoyed making the piece in Gilda's style but it is very effective.

Sue B said...

looks wonderful Mags. I wouldn't have the patience for it either though.

Mermaids Purse said...

I think your "Gilda" piece is lovely - better than the photo even - and the printing works really well!

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.