Friday, May 15, 2009

Italian liqueur


I usually stick to my creativity in one way or another in my posts, but I have to share this with you. I hardly ever touch alcohol as my Serentex friends would tell you, I think most wines taste just like vinegar. I'm sorry, but there you are, so I'm usually a bit of a party pooper.
But when my son, who owns the Tipsy Gifts on-line business (see sidebar) offered me a taste of Lemon Armonia, the award winning Italian liqueur, I took a little sip and I loved it. It's one of the nicest things I have ever tasted. There has been a lot of excitement waiting for the first consignment to arrive. But it's here at last.

Lemon Armonia recently won the Double Gold Medal in the 2009 San Francisco World Spirits Competition on the 31st March 2009.
To be awarded a Double Gold Medal in the Cream Liqueur category of this prestigious competition means that the Lemon’ Armonia was awarded a gold medal from each of the twenty seven judges that presided over the competition.
The judges are experts in the field and come from exclusive restaurants and hotels, international importers and distributors as well as journalists from major US newspapers.

This lemon cream liqueur is made from a traditional Italian Grandmother’s recipe, now proudly produced and bottled by her daughter, grandson and his wife in Padova, Italy.


The lemons used in the process are organic Sicilian lemons, and are hand picked by the producers before starting the elaborate and delicate process of producing the finest Lemon Cream Liqueur you have ever tasted.
The recipe is so secret, only the grandson, his wife and his mother knows how to make this liqueur.
All we know is that only the rind of the lemons is used, and the flesh discarded. The rind is then infused in pure alcohol for a special period of time, and then the lightest and freshest Italian cream is added to produce the final product.
No wonder it's so tasty.

6 comments:

Gina said...

Gosh! That sounds fabulous.

Jacquelines blog said...

It is fabulous for sure ;-)

maggi said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful. Is is just for the American market?

Heather said...

It sounds wonderful. I feel the same as you about wine and alcohol doesn't do anything for me at all. I shall definitely look out for that lemon liqueur - I love the freshness of lemon flavoured things.

Julie said...

Yummmmmmm! I love lemon everything so this sounds gorgeous.

Julie said...

Ooh! Looks like I might be able to buy some in Wales?