Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Journals


I'm in a Journal swap on the Surface design group and this is the first journal I've received. As usual the photo does really not do it justice. The closure ir really special and has a pin on the back which enables the user to transfer it to another Journal when this one is finished or even better still, it can be used as a brooch. Thanks Susan. A lovely surprise.


I love the goodies and how they were packaged.


I have not been idle. I have been making a prototype journal. I always do this, but it's not yet finished. Recently I have been taking every opportunity to tidy my workspace and I can't find a thing, so in between when looking for stuff I was also tidying as I went, so it took much longer. I came across a monoprint that I made in a challenge for the Textile Challenges group.



I have a list as long as your arm of swaps I have promised and I intend to get on with these as soon as I can. That's the idea anyway.

12 comments:

Jackie said...

So many lovely posts to catch up on. I especially love the sunsets and how I envy your Plas Tan Y Bwlch.

Vicki W said...

You are always doing the most interesting things here!

jan said...

Love reading your blog!

Fran├žoise said...

Beautiful pictures! I like this monoprint a lot.

maggi said...

A lovely journal and your prototype looks as though it is going to work as a finished piece. The monoprint is crying out to be made into something. Isn't it fun when you unearth things that you had forgotten about?

Sue B said...

what a lovely journal you got!

Heather said...

I love your monoprint - great colours Mags. The journals are lovely too, that first one looks good enough to be a handbag. I know just what you mean about not finding things when you've had a good tidying session. It's so infuriating and time wasting.

Julie said...

I love the monoprint too, beautiful colours. I know what you mean about tidying up, it's a never ending job and then you can't find a thing! Your journal prototype is looking good.

Sandy said...

What a wonderful journal and gifts. I like the piece you did. Tidying is good but does make it harder to find things.

sharon young said...

Lovely monoprint, Margaret, and the journal is gorgeous.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my post, it was a really great day and I'm still buzzing with all the excitement :-)

solange bonnet said...

Thank your for your nice comment on my blog. I love this monoprint and all your work.

Aussie Jo said...

Lovely pieces and colours. I think the best swaps are ones where you've put in time, thought and effort so slow swaps are the way to go!! Let's hope all the people I swap with think the same and aren't offended.