Friday, May 15, 2009

My Winter Tree


This is a TREE. I asked my DH if he liked the work and his response, "Is it a tree?" It doesn't do much for your confidence does it? But he did try to redeem himself by saying "Of course it's not finished yet is it?"
He's right there, it's still in progress, it needs some work on the foreground and the dark brown bits need to be toned down. It' all been fast and furious!


This is a bag in progress and this one has to be 'very' fast and furious as it's been promised for Monday. DH thought this would be quite nice.

12 comments:

Julie said...

The bag has beautiful colours and layering and the tree is coming together well. I can see lots of potential to take this further.

Aussie Jo said...

The felted strip are gorgeous, looks pretty well put together to me.
And I love your tree. Reminds me of a lovely Albert Namatjira painting I saw last night at a friend's.

MargaretR said...

Thanks to Aussie Jo for introducing me to this artist and comparing my little tree to his wonderful work :)

Gina said...

Love those felted strips for the bag - great colours.

Corryna Janssen said...

I love your winter tree. It is wonderfull. And that bag you are making will be beautiful too. The colours are great.

Genie said...

Hi mags
love the colours of the bag, and the tree is great

... Paige said...

I love the tree, finished or not

Amanda Sheridan said...

I laughed out loud reading about your DH - so much that MY DH wanted to know what I was laughing at. I showed him your post and he, true to form, couldn't understand why on earth I was laughing. He thought they were 'perfectly reasonable' comments. Ho hum. So much for encouragement ....

MargaretR said...

LOL. So you have one like that too Amanda?

Liz said...

LOL Mags! Mine is like that too. Of course it's a tree. Makes you wonder what they look at all day:)

Sue B said...

that tree is coming along beautifully Mags!

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.