Tuesday, May 12, 2009

SerenTex

Today has been a good day! This morning I got on with my tree project and when I took it to my SerenTex meeting I got some good positive reactions, so I can now carry on with more confidence that it's going in the right direction.


Carol showed us a technique she'd learnt from her sister who has been a City and Guilds tutor for years. We used Kunin felt, Gesso and a heat gun to create a lovely lacy sample which can be stitched into. Above is my sample, which I'm very pleased with, but my second attempt did not turn out quite as well.


This bouquet was a presented to me by my friend Sue, for the smallest of favours. They are beautiful and I felt so touched by her kindness. She was going to have a pot of my Rhubarb and Ginger Jam in return for all the rhubarb she brought me, but I left it on the table at home!
I have updated the SerenTex website.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Your sample certainly turned out well as did the postcards below.

Heather said...

Glad I'm not the only one with a brilliant memory!! Lovely bouquet and your gesso/Kunin sample is amazing. I have just ordered some Kunin felt - it is so versatile.