Monday, May 18, 2009

Wonderful evening

This evening at the Embroiderers' Guild we had a wonderful talk by Dr Prydwen Elfed-Owens who gave an interesting talk on Welsh Folk Dancing, traditional Welsh costume and customs. She was televised recently on S4C - Cwpwrdd Dillad the wardrobe. I didn't have my camera with me tonight unfortunately as Prydwen was dressed in her Welsh costume and an original Welsh hat which had a lovely story behind it. If you are interested you will find some of it here.

I finished the bag I was making for the raffle 1/2 an hour before I left but forgot to take photos. I do have one of the front to show you though.

7 comments:

Marg said...

Stunning! Simply stunning! Would have been as lovely as a hanging, or mounted in a shadow box... thank you!

Gina said...

The bag looks great Mags!

solange bonnet said...

The result is superb. I like a lot

Heather said...

What a great raffle prize - I love those rich yet natural colours and envy the person who bought the winning ticket.

Julie said...

Beautiful bag Mags and an interesting link too.

Sandy said...

Wonderful felting. I'll bet bag is spectacular.

Terri said...

Love that swirl! I bet the bag turned out beautiful.