Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cannes holiday


I came home to find these lovely swaps had come in the post for me. The Mailer Journal is beautifully made by Tracy Borders and the lovely bookmarks are from Francoise and Meg.


This is the painted front of the Bus Station in the square in the centre of Cannes. It can fool you when you first look at it, but it's all painted.


If I was going there on holiday tomorrow I expect this is where I would have spent most of my time, at the International Advertising Exhibition. This is where the Cannes Film Festival takes place, but they had already taken away the red carpet before we arrived!

4 comments:

... Paige said...

If there was no red carpet it was only because they didn't expect your early arrival.
Very neat.

Chris Gray Textile Art said...

..and now I've found your blog too!...

..and we are in the same country!..

I'm REALLY looking forward to my expo opening - excited and nervous at the same time...but have enjoyed the journey, which, of course, has not ended, but will now have the freedom to twist and turn at will. I'm always intrigued to see how things turn out...

Chris Gray

Chris Gray Textile Art said...

..and I've included you in my BLOGS I LIKE on my blogpage too!

We're off to France in two weeks... Alsace this time...can't wait...

Always come back with loads of inspiration and renewed energy to get creating

Heather said...

How lovely to come back from holiday and find those goodies waiting for you. The bookmarks are very pretty and the journal is amazing - it looks like leather. The Cannes bus station is gorgeous, why can't all bus stations look as good?