Monday, June 29, 2009

Creative weekend

Just a taster. Plas Tan y Bwlch is a 19th century mansion and the interior inspires me each time I visit. It's leaded windows and carvings are full of interesting designs. So I decided to make some simple sketches of some of them with the intention of developing them into stamps.


The weekend was spent making these shown above. I hope to make more soon.


The rest of the time was spent experimenting with painting papers and stamping. None of them are finished yet. I hope to carry on with them during this week.

12 comments:

Vicki W said...

It looks like it was a very fun weekend!

Dolores said...

You are so busy it seems.

Aussie Jo said...

You have been very prolific Mags, I think it will be a very productive week.
What did you cut your stamps from??

imquilternity said...

Wonderful papers...great colors!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Your stamps and papers are very inspiring! I spend the weekend making stencils

Carolyn

Chris Gray Textile Art said...

Love the stamps - what have you used to make them? I've used loft insulation board before now!

I'll be interested to see what you end up doing with them....

Heather said...

Wonderful stamps Mags, and such gorgeous papers. Hope to see them when you have finished them, but already they look stunning.

Fran├žoise said...

Great stamps Mags! And lovely colours on your papers. So yummy!

Carol Wiebe said...

I agree that the stamps and papers are fantastic! they would make a super paper quilt (not that I have a one track mind).

I've added a link about them to Cracked Paper Quilts.

Jacquelines blog said...

I love the papers Mags!

Julie said...

This looks like lots of fun, very colourful too. Do you do your own thing at Plas or do you have tuition?

Sandy said...

Great work. I can see that I need to make some stamps!