Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dragonfly

This photo of the dragonfly was taken by my friend Trish (SerenTex) and I have her permision to share it with you. I love the way she's waving her arms and smiling as if to say, "Look at me in my new clothes". Trish took another photo just before this one, just as she entered the world in her new form, but that was not as good as this one.



Here is a closer look. Please click for a closer look.



I'm having a week's break from blogging, but I'll be back.
I leave you with some flower photos from the Botanical Gardens of Wales.





14 comments:

Dolores said...

Just beautiful - Mother Nature. Thanks for posting these and see you when you get back. Have a nice break.

Vicki W said...

Beautiful photos!

Aussie Jo said...

That last photo looks like kangaroo paws.
Amazing close up of the dragonfly. Enjoy your week.

Julie said...

Beautiful!

Ali Honey said...

The detail is just perfect.Dragonflies are beautiful insects and seeing the old skin is extra special!

Gina said...

Beautiful photographs. Enjoy your break Mags.

Sandy said...

Spectacular flower photos. The dragonfly is great.

Heather said...

Wonderful colours in those flower photos, and the dragonfly ones are amazing. I can remember waiting to find the discarded 'cases' in the reeds in my grandmother's garden pond. They were greatly prized among my cousins.

... Paige said...

love the new dragon and the flowers-beautiful

Mermaids Purse said...

Wow, the dragonfly photo is absolutely amazing!

Jackie said...

What amazing pictures. I don't recognize some of those flowers at the top.

JaneO said...

The photos are amazing, so detailed and sharp. Beautiful flowers.

Cathy W said...

I love the dragonfly -- the click-close-up view is totally striking, such precision detail -- very impressive.

Gina said...

What gorgeous photos! I'm enjoying your blog - just found it by following some inspiring links!