Sunday, June 07, 2009

Meeting Carol


Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting Carol T a lovely young woman I have met on the Internet through our mutual interests. Carol is the 'Listmom' for the textile Challenges Yahoo Group I belong to. She also has a most interesting blog called Taylor's textile trials.
We had lunch together and then went to listen to Jae Maries at the Wales Regional Day meeting at Killay in Swansea, South Wales.


Three members from the North Wales Branch had travelled down together, Anne Cross who has been the Chairman of the Wales Embroiderers' Guild for the last 5 or 6 years and Sue Gallacher who is the new deputy Chairman. But here is a photo of them both enjoying a wonderful exhibiton of textiles at the Botanical Gardens.


I took a photo of this poster advertising the exhibition. anyone living near enough or passing through, it is well worth a visit. It's the work of two young Welsh artists, Sue Evans and Anita Bowyer. It will be there until August 16th. WalesOnline - News - Wales News - Paper corsets bloom at National Botanic Garden of Wales

I went as the North Wales Branch representative and we were made to feel very welcome. It rained all the time we were at the Botanical Gardens on Saturday and we travelled home on Saturday during the most heavy rainstorms I've ever seen.

As I mentioned previously Jae Maries was the guest speaker at the meeting and I found her talk very interesting, humerous and inspiring. Here is her website - Jae Maries

6 comments:

Julie said...

I'm glad you got home safely Margaret. The weather Saturday was awful. Thank you for the link to Jae Maries. I've been seeing her naem quite a lot lately and kept meaning to Google her. Looks like you had a lovely time in Swansea despite the diabolical weather. We've had storms here today too.

Heather said...

The exhibition looks wonderful and how lovely to have met two bloggy friends. We had Jae Maries as our speaker at an EG Regional Day some years back and she was excellent. Hope you haven't been washed away - our garden pond has never looked so full of water!

Gina said...

How lovely to be meeting so many bloggers lately! I wished I could have seen the exhibition of paper corsets!

Helen Suzanne said...

fantastic to have meet two wonderful bloggers in a week! The paper exhibition does sound great

Jude said...

Oh, I can't wait until Sept. do you think there will be anything I will be able to go and see while I'm in Llangollen for my daughter's wedding?
Or do you think I'll be too busy doing other things???

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Love your blog, it's nice that you met up with Julie. I am looking forward to that pleasure when she comes to visit St. Ives later in the year! Best wishes, Carolyn