Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Back to Westhope


While we were eating our lunch we had a chat with a very interesting lady, Angela Thomson who travels the world studying textiles of different countries and cultures. She has an article in the latest issue of Embroidery magazine. I Googled and found an Angela Thomson had written quite a few books of textiles and I'm almost certain this is one and the same.


This beautiful fabric is resist dyed during a course, but I'm afraid I don't know who the tutor was in this case.


Some more work from the college.


This is Val a friend whom I got to know through various courses we did together over the years and I was very pleased to see her. She is also a friend of Westhope College and was one of the stewards at the exhibition.

The quality of my photos are not the best this time I'm afraid, but if you want to see examples some of the beautiful work of Stevie Walker who is a tutor at the college have a look at her website Stevie Walker here.


These Paper Quilts were very pleasing.


And the recycled work was really exciting.

6 comments:

Aussie Jo said...

How wonderful to be immersed in so much inspiring work. Thanks for showing it all.
Cheers
Jo

Vicki W said...

OK, I have to admit that at first I gasped in horror. You see I work with someone named AT and she's crazy as a loon! Then I checked back into reality and realized you were talking about a good AT! LOL!

ju-north said...

Love all the work you show in your blog! Stevie Walker's work is wonderful - pity she doesn't have a blog!
Julia

Heather said...

What a treat to have seen all those wonderful pieces of work. Each one looked inspirational. Thanks for sharing it with us Mags.

fiona d said...

I'm glad you had such a lovely time - what a great environment Westhope seems to be. And thanks for the link to Stevie Walker, I really liked her work.

Julie said...

Thank you for sharing all this inspiring work Mags.