Thursday, July 09, 2009

Books only!


My workroom is getting tidier by the hour. What is speeding me up are the three books above that are begging to be read. When I've finished, which one shall I read first? I think I shall probably be hopping from on to the other, I can't wait!

The first to arrive was Mary Sleigh's lovely book - Exploring African Themes, then came Maggie's book - Stitches, Straps and Layers which looks so exciting and then Carol and Lynda's - luscious book Stitching the Textured Surface.

4 comments:

Aussie Jo said...

I sat out in the winter sun on our north facing verandah with my Green tea yesterday and read both Maggie's and Lynda and Carol's books. It's amazing how quickly they arrived here from the other side of the world. They are both sensational. I'm looking forward to playing with some of Maggie's techniques in her Perth workshop in a few weeks.

Heather said...

My workroom is getting worse by the hour. Today I am washing and gardening and rapidly running out of puff! I'm hosting our group meeting next Tuesday so want everywhere to look nice, but I do hope no-one asks to see the workroom! I may run out of steam before it's tidy. Enjoy your reading - I can't comment on the African themed book, but the other two are both stunning.

meggie said...

I need a damn good shake out of my rut!!

Sue B said...

oooh I love Maggie Sleigh's work! I think I might have to get that book for my library.