Thursday, July 02, 2009

A reminder of a wonderful weekend

My work at Plas Tan y Bwlch has been inspired by the wonderful work of Ro Bruhn and I took Sherrill's Khan's book Creative Stamping with me as reference. I think I like this way of journaling and will continue to use this method from now on. Up to now my journals have been very boring and far too neat and tidy, but I think this is far more rewarding. I have at last managed to 'loosen up'.



This is only the beginning and I have a lot more to record about my weekend with the SerenTex textile group. I will be putting an album with some of my friends work on the SerenTex blog when I get the time. Today I spent with my old school chums, nine of us got together for lunch and we had such fun. This has now become an annual event and for one afternoon a year we become teenagers again. The reunion will also find it's way to my Welsh blog as soon as I can. I'm ashamed to admit that I have yet to blog last years photos.

10 comments:

Julie said...

Your journal looks wonderfully inspiring. Did you make the stamps yourself?

Lovely to get together with old friends.

Leanne Hurren said...

These pages are gorgeous - love the colours, images and spontaneous feeling!!

Gina said...

Your journal looks great Mags. I have the same trouble loosening up... everything is always too neat!

solange bonnet said...

Your journal is wonderful. Great colours and design.

Heather said...

Your journal pages are gorgeous and you are so inspirational Mags - I now want to try something similar. I have spent far too long thinking about it and I too love Ro Bruhn's papers. How great to meet up with school friends - I lost touch with mine years ago and doubt that we'd recognise each other now. Have a great time with yours.

MargaretR said...

Of course your school friends will recognise you! We hadn't met for years and we just seemed to carry on as if we'd only met yesterday. It's a wonderful experience.

Laura said...

Your journal is very impressive Mags, especially presenting it as a slide show! Your enthusiasm for everything you do is inspiring!

Christine said...

Love your papers and journal, they're so vibrant - gives me fresh hope I might eventually manage to get away from "small and precise" myself after years of trying. But oh dear, that's another book to add to the wish list!

Dotti said...

Mags, Your journal is amazing. I am just getting into journaling since this whole art has expanded so very much and taken a whole new path. I hadn't journaled since my mom found my "Diary" (and that was a big OMG) many many moons ago. I love this way of expressing thoughts thru art without having to pour out our innermost secrets.

Jane said...

Your journal pages are beautiful and very inspirational. Hope you enjoy your reunion.