Friday, July 17, 2009

Sculpture and recycling

I must apologise at the beginning of this post for the quality of the images, but I so wanted to share them with you. My little camera is not working as well as it used to and I need to check my setting before I waste any more photo opportunities.


This is what I have been up to today, it is just work in progress at the moment. I will let you see it again when it's finished.
We enjoyed a wonderful course with Luned Rhys Parry a member of The Royal Cambrian Academy. She is a wonderful artist who works with recycled materials creating humorous montages. Have a look at her personal art here Oriel Plas Glyn Y Weddw :: Luned Rhys Parry The work below is by today's students and what was turned out was quite fantastic. Of course these are not finished either, but we all worked so hard between 10am and 4pm.






This is Miriam's work, she's my friend from SerenTex and I just loved it.



The two clever ladies who made these had been on one of Luned's courses previously and the work they turned out showed it too.


And this is the lovely young lady who shared her expertise with us all.

7 comments:

Heather said...

What amazing pieces of work Mags - thankyou for sharing them with us. I'm really looking forward to seeing yours completed. What are they made from? I think I can see cardboard and paper there, and probably paint too. I'm just going to take a look at your tutor's blog.

MargaretR said...

Thanks for yet another comment Heather. I'm afraid Luned herself is not into computing and doesn't have a blog. The URL is one of the galleries where she has her work exhibited.

Jackie said...

Thank you for sharing these.

Julie said...

These look like great fun Mags.

fiona d said...

these are amazing - thanks for posting them

Aussie Jo said...

They are fantastic, they have such character.
Reminds me of a figure I saw out the front of the Baboushka shop at Darling Harbour this week (I just had to get a set for Claudia). I will post a picture when I get some time (just back from a conference in Sydney)

Sue B said...

Mags that sculpture is fantastic!