Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Circling around


Railway bridge.


Could make a good circular weaving project?


I was surprised to find out what this was. Rods are taken from this big piece of slate and as you know it's very easy to slice slates, these rods are then sliced into coasters.


Someone had left a dime on this railing in Central Park, New York. I asked my DH for another coin and took a photo of both.


The last place you would expect to find Blade Shells is on a manhole cover at Plas Tan y Bwlch! But school children come here to study nature and I expect they had been to the beach and washed these and put them out to dry forgetting all about them.


I couldn't resist this lamp and it's shadow in the sun in the shopping precinct in Chester.


A flower centre.


They have lovely chairs at Costa in Chester. There is a hole in the centre of each one. I took a photo of other chairs through the hole.


This is the image played with in PaintShopPro.

5 comments:

TextileTraveler said...

What great photos! I'm inspired to take my camera out and just look for one thing (circles, for example). Thanks for sharing.

Gina said...

I like what you've done with that last photo.

Heather said...

We must be encircled with circles Mags - if we choose to use our eyes they are everywhere. This is another inspirational collection and will keep you going with new ideas for a long time to come.

Christine said...

More great circles - what an eye you have!

MargaretR said...

Thanks for visiting and leaving lovely comments. Special thanks to Heather and Chrostine who often leave comments which I can't thank them for.