Friday, August 21, 2009

The Festival of Quilts Show 2009

This is where I was yesterday and it was a very enjoyable day shared with like-minded friends.


Here they are discussing some of the exhibits. We are all members of the North Wales Branch of the Embroiderers' Guild, Moya, the Chairman on the left (who drove us all there in her car), then Alison our Treasurer, Ann who is the retiring Chairman of the Wales Region of the Guild, Susanne the Programme Secretary and Jackie who is the Editor and Publisher of the Newsletter. Our Embroiderers' Guild is a very active and flourishing group, to join click here

October is a very important month for the Guild when we have the annual AGM on October 3rd and our Biennial Exhibition 'Extravaganza of Embroidered Textiles' at Rhos Methodist Church Hall, Rhos-on-Sea, Colwyn Bay, LL28 4HF, on Friday and Saturday 30th and 31st of October, 2009. The exhibition will be open from 10.30am to 5pm each day. There is an award for Traditional Embroidery and a 'Wild and Wacky' competition using recycled material. Demonstrations, sale of embroidered items and refreshments are available throughout both days. For more details click North Wales Branch details


This was one lovely surprise I had! Francoise CREATILFUN from Belgium 'found' me. We hadn't arranged a meeting, so it all even more exciting. We have been friends a good while and have exchanged many small pieces of art in swaps.


I knew Marlis TEXTILEARTAND... (Switzerland) another Internet friend was going to be there, so I went to the SAQA stand to find her, but she wasn't there, suddenly I heard someone calling and it was Marlis and Francoise together. I think I will change my blog name to the 'Pink Lady' now as that is how they found me, by my bright pink t-shirt. This is what I love about the Internet, there is no ageism at all. Most of my friends are young people, which will hopefully help to keep me young too.

I will be blogging about the FOQ again shortly as this is becoming too long, but here is a very interesting quilt that appealed to me and it was also a judges choice.

10 comments:

Gina said...

I wish I had gone yesterday Mags, I would have loved to have met you! But I had a super time today and managed a cup of tea with Julie (Mixed Media) which was lovely.

Carol said...

Oh no, I didn't see any of them only you Mags :) usually bump into loads from NW but missed everyone except Jannine

Genie said...

Glad you had a lovely time Mags,
have a great weekend

Heather said...

There is such confidence and freedom in the design of that quilt Mags - no wonder it was the judges' choice. What a treat to meet two bloggy friends, especially as it wasn't arranged.

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Now if I had only known about the pink t-shirt I might have spotted you.
That was one of the more original pieces.
So many painstaking hours of work hanging there in that hall.
Cheers
SAS

Dolores said...

I think anybody that has a blog called "Digital Gran" doesn't have to worry about being seen as 'not young.'

Sally Webster said...

Gosh, you're a good looking woman Mags. I love that quilt too. It reminds me of drwing my moving a light bulb quickly.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Glad you all enjoyed yourselves

Thanks for playing along with my little puzzle "can you guess what it is yet?" - yes it was the underside of the bath waste

Loving both of your blogs

Carolyn

MargaretR said...

LOL, Sal. You flatterer!

You would have loved that quilt, it was very free and flowing.

Marlis said...

it was so good to see you at the festival mags!
my blog post and pics are not ready yet - i came home yesterday and have been working all day.