Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Still Circling

This morning the Embroidered Jewellery book by Shirley Anne Sherris arrived safely. This is a wonderfully interesting book full of jewellery making techiques which can be used for creating much more than jewellery. There are many circular samples in this book too, so she must have known I'm into circles just now. Congratulations Shirley on your lovely book.


My first circle shows a design I created in a challenge set by an Australian group I was invited to join many years ago. Belonging to this group was a wonderful experience and very educational. Thanks for the invitation Toni. The letters stand for Design Bytes Down Under.


I'm always tempted to take photos of this plant near where we park the car in Llandudno. It is just as beautiful without leaves or flowers.


This is a gatepost in Plas Tan y Bwlch and I love the texture.


Work in progress at SerenTex.


This photo was taken on a trip to Canada.

7 comments:

Heather said...

That book was written just for you Mags! The Australian challenge design is really striking and I love the Serentex embroidery as well as the Haida design from your trip to Canada. I became fascinated by them when I went there some years ago. The white convolvulus is a lovely flower but a terrible plant to get rid of if it gets into your garden. It's called bindweed and wraps itself round everything.

Julie said...

Great circle photos Mags and I have a lovely mental image of you contorting yourself in Costa to get the photos of chairs through the holes ;-) The embroidery circle is beautiful.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

I am loving all your circles at the moment! I also love the look of your Serentex WIP and hope to see more of it some time ...

Sending best wishes
Carolyn

Ro Bruhn said...

Circles are my favourite shape too. I love the one you made for the Aussie challenge and all the images in your earlier posts especially the block of slate.

Jacquelines blog said...

Just a you think you have seen a lot of circles, you discover always new ones. Great pictures Mags.

Anonymous said...

Hello. In a crisis, fell revenue from sales [url=http://rapira-mir.ru]rapira-mir.ru[/url] . Tell my what can be done. Thanks in advance.
Vsem privet. V uslovijah krizisa upal dohod ot prodazh [url=http://rapira-mir.ru]rapira-mir.ru[/url] . Podskazhite chto mozhno sdelat'. Zaranee Spasibo.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your posts during my smoke break, and I've to admit the whole article has been quite informative and incredibly well written. I believed I would allow you know that for some reason this blog site doesn't exhibit nicely in IE eight. I would like Microsoft would stop upgrading stuff. We've a query for you personally. Would you thoughts swapping blog site roll links? That would be truly neat!