Wednesday, September 02, 2009

ATC's and a Dotee doll


The seagulls are always up on the roof picking at the moss and lichen for insects and making a mess. But when I saw this piece I had to pick it up because of the wonderful colours and texture.


This is a Dotee doll and a Dotee ATC I sent Jean Lennon in a trade. I'm sorry, I don't know if Jean has a blog.


I made 10 Technique ATC's in a trade with members of the Surface Design Yahoo group. They were made using transfer paints on white craft felt, cut up and re-stitched.


I've just noticed that this photo was the wrong way around and I just changed it. The one in the top corner looked like a stormy sea with seagulls, so I added a fence. I've kept this one for myself.

13 comments:

Dotee Dolls said...

I love the flower ATCs.

Heather said...

I also love the colours and texture of that lichen Mags. Your ATCs and dolls are delightful - the dolls maybe tiny but they definitely have character.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Lovely work, all of it. I'm looking forward to getting back to stitching!

Carolyn

Gina said...

I like the Dotee doll mags... great character

maggi said...

The lichen is just wonderful. I particularly like the geometric ATCs.

Julie said...

What a fun dotee Mags, Jean will love her! Like the ATCs too and the lichen is beautiful. I wouldn't have been able to resist either.

Dotti said...

The dotee is so cute! And the best thing about the ATCs is that I am getting one...and believe me every one is a winner!

http://piecefulmusings.blogspot.com

Aussie Jo said...

Great texture in the lichen!
Luverly ATC's and dotee, must try those transfer paints!

Crafters Corner said...

Love your ATCs Margaret. I run an ATC swap group on Facebook, and one of my members always sends a "stitched" ATC. When I say stitched I mean things like machine embroidery, etc. I will mention your blog to her, she may be interested.

Heather said...

You nearly got the spelling wrong in the nice comment you have just left on my blog Mags!!

Anonymous said...

hey everybody i m unexplored here but willing to learn how to get [url=http://freeeducationgrant.blogspot.com/]free education grant[/url] or [url=http://freeeducationgrant.blogspot.com/]free student scholarhips[/url] tips from here !!

any tips guys ?

regards !

Amazing Flower said...

thanks for sharing this technique :)
Singapore Florist

singapore florist said...

Nice ideas and you implement it to finish unique crafts. Your dolls are unique and very attractive, they can be a good source of income for you. Thanks