Sunday, September 13, 2009

Explore Experiment Embellish

What a wonderful day we had yesterday with Sheila Smith! She wrote this book - Embellishing, Embellishing Fabrics. I use my embellisher quite a lot as some of you might know, but it was wonderful to experiment and go in another direction completely with Sheila yesterday. It was such fun and I was introduced to some wonderful new techniques, meaning I will play even more with my Embellisher from now on. Thanks you Sheila. See the book for all these new ideas.




These are my three experiments from the class. If you would like to see some more, then do have a look at some of the other work here - Croesew, this is the new North Wales Embroiderers' Guild blog opened recently.
The members have promised to work on these to create exhibits for the NW Biennial Exhibition, at Rhos on Sea at the end of October. (Please see sidebar)

8 comments:

Genie said...

Lovely work Margaret, amd great pics of the sunset.

Heather said...

Beautiful experiments Mags and Sheila's book sounds very interesting. (Write out ten times: I must not buy another book...)!

Sandy said...

Wonderful pieces. I have her books.

Sally Webster said...

Wow, Particularly love the middle one Mags. How do you add all these lovely textured braids?

Sue B said...

fabulous pieces Mags, I especially like that first one.

maggi said...

You are so lucky to have done a class with Sheila Smith. I love her books.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Lovely work. I really should take the cover off my embellisher a bit more often ... I really enjoy it too ... but then it gets put away and forgotten

Julie said...

I'm just like Carolyn (loves stitching red) my embellisher has been sadly neglected. Your beautiful work makes me want to get it out again and get cracking.