Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mixed-media sculpture

I do hope these mixed-media sculptures give you as much pleasure as I had from looking at them. The photos were taken at the La Malmaison Museum in Cannes. This is somewhere I always like to go and browse in every visit. Unfortunately it wasn't open this time, but these sculptures were outside in the courtyard, but I couldn't find the sculptor's name and I have searched and searched for his identity to no avail. I Googled the museum but couldn't find the sculptor's name anywhere. so I hope he or she will forgive me for sharing these with you. They are so textiley! The one doing the 'cat's cradle' is my favourite. But I love all the others too. If anyone out there know who created them I would love to know too.










5 comments:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

They are great. Thank you for showing us Margaret

Heather said...

These are amazing Mags. They take recycling to dizzy heights.

Aussie Jo said...

They are fascinating Mags, its good to see art made and displayed out in public from cast offs.
I'm looking forward to a fun week at the Geelong Fibre Forum this week
Cheers

Marlis said...

thanks for sharing mags. these sculptures are amazing!

maggi said...

These are great images and you are right, they would really lend themselves to textile pieces.