Monday, September 07, 2009

Photos in my camera

One of my cameras is always at the ready on the table, but I haven't downloaded the images from it recently. I thought perhaps you would like to see some of them.


This was taken today. As you can see the path is closed to cyclists and walkers for a month while maintenance is being carried out, I was sitting by the window having a meal and in 10 minutes a dozen people had gone over the wall ignoring the sign. Two cyclists picked up their bicycles and climbed over the wall and round to the other side where they continued cycling. It was so funny, they all ignored the sign.


Can you see the pinkish towers in this one? Actually they looked even more pink in real life.


The railings were also lovely and pink.


This is the pink sky that coloured everything around.


A couple of years ago I embarrassed myself by posting a photo of a 'black swan' which was in fact a black goose in the midst of a few white swans. But this year I really have managed to photograph the black swans and in fact although they look pure black when they are floating on the water you can see in the photo below -


They are in fact black and white.

8 comments:

Julie said...

I don't think I've ever seen black swans with white wings before. The castle looks very fairytale with the sunset shining on it.

Laura said...

I love the pink castle ... it looks so peaceful! An image much needed in my life at the moment. Thanks Mags!

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

We have both been having a photo spree.
I take too many and spend such a long time processing them and my OH's too. He must learn to do it for himself.
Cheers
SAS

LOVE STITCHING RED said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Yes, I agree with Julie. The pink castle towers have a fairytale look about them

Sorry for the last deleted message, my fingers wouldn't work and there were too many mistakes

Heather said...

Lovely images Mags - I'm glad you downloaded them for us. 'Your' castle is one of my favourites and so romantic. I remember driving home years ago at sunset and everything was to red.

maggi said...

I never before realised that they had white wings, wonderful photo. I bet the cyclists and walkers would be ready to sue whoever is doing the work if they had an accident!

Jackie said...

I always enjoy your views Margaret. the sunsets are amazing. I didn't get to Conway or anywhere near this summer.
Sadly.